Feeding the Readers

When I first arrived in the universe of fan fiction I was introduced to the word - lurking - a word quite new to my English vocabulary. The most operative explanation of the term that I could find was "Feed the Bard" as in sending the writer of the fic's you read a mail - preferably telling her that you enjoyed her work!

Over time I've gotten around to doing that - feeding the bard that is - a few times. It has been a quite pleasant experience as all the bards that I've feed have responded with a nice reply. It might be because I only feed the bards that I can give a real positive response! Well - I do actually tell the bards how I feel about their stories, and I do point out any weak parts that I've found, but I guess the bards are just really nice people.

Even if I do feed the bards - I'm quit sure that I don't do so nearly enough! Why is that - well I guess I just decided to do my feeding by reviewing the stories that I enjoy. This way the bards can read the reviews if they really wants to know a readers thoughts on their writing, and those that really don't want to know - can keep their ignorance.

Well that's one way of putting it, but I guess that I really just found it much more enjoying to feed readers than bards (shame on me ;-)!

When I first arrived in the fan fiction universe I neeeeede someone to point me in the direction of the better quality fic's and the archives that sported the best collection of stories. I spend too much time wading around classic fan fiction which is just not my cup of tea - sorry ;-) If you haven't guessed by now I'm really not here for the "fan" part of fan fiction, I'm here for the lesfic theme.

So the reviewing is my way of lending a hand to readers looking for a fic worth reading.

I'm quite aware that my thoughts on the quality of a storyline or the writing is subjective. That you might disagree with me on my reviews or my rating of a fic. I would find it strange if we didn't disagree now and then! The reviews are just my thoughts and a bit of a ramble on the stories that I read. Should you happen to disagree with me please let your fellow readers know by posting a comment.

And if you happen to have a favourite story that you think other readers should know about, you could leave a comment below. If I agree with you I might get around to doing a review sometime. On the other hand you could also just feed The Bard a line - I'm sure it would be appreciated!

Comments